On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:46 PM, John Pilkington <j.p...@tesco.net> wrote:

> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM, John Pilkington <j.p...@tesco.net<mailto:
>> j.p...@tesco.net>> wrote:
>>
>>    On 02/07/10 14:49, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
>>

>>        On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Brian Long
>>        <briandl...@gmail.com <mailto:briandl...@gmail.com>
>>        <mailto:briandl...@gmail.com <mailto:briandl...@gmail.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>           On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 3:00 AM, John Pilkington
>>        <j.p...@tesco.net <mailto:j.p...@tesco.net>
>>           <mailto:j.p...@tesco.net <mailto:j.p...@tesco.net>>> wrote:
>>
>>               Output from vlc-1.1.0-55.f...@x86_64:
>>               /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.DMn2nv: line 2: vlc-cache-gen: command
>>        not found
>>               warning: %post(vlc-1.1.0-55.fc12.x86_64) scriptlet
>>        failed, exit
>>               status 127
>>
>>               And xulrunner didn't upgrade because I don't yet have
>>        firefox 3.6
>>

>>           I don't see vlc 1.1.0 available on f13 x86_64 in any of the
>>        AtRPMS
>>           repos.  Was it built for f13?
>>

>>        It is on the way.
>>
>>        We are having trouble with vlc 1.1.0 on RHEL5, but I think
>>        everything has ben fixed.
>>
>>        I am wathing Brasil x Holand right now with vlc 1.1.0 (v4l2) on
>>        RHEL5!!
>>

>>    I ought to say that vlc f12 seems to be working well for me in spite
>>    of the installation error report.  I hope yuor viewing is enjoyable...
>>
>>    But yesterday I did an upgrade on my el5 P4 box and I now see no v4l
>>    entries in dmesg. I haven't used it for OTA stuff recently so I'm
>>    not sure if this is new.  A dvb usb stick works, but no sign of
>>    saa7134 or my PCI dvb card.  dmesg does say 'video_buf exports
>>    duplicate symbol videobuf_mmap_mapper (owned by videobuf_core)'  and
>>    says it four times.
>>    I tried renaming video-buf.ko to .obsolete, which used to be thought
>>    helpful.  That silenced the complaint but didn't make things work.
>>     I'll try to investigate more later but at present it's a puzzle
>>    rather than a disaster.
>>

>> Well, there are new kernels, which bring new problems.
>>
>> Do you have video4linux installed?
>> What is the version of your module-init-tools?
>>

>>  Hi Paulo, thanks for this.  I'm afraid I haven't been keeeping up with
> the el5 box and hadn't noticed your warning note of 6 April.  It looks
> as if reinstalling version 42 has done the trick.  I found it here but
> it looks as if it's becoming an endangered item.
>

> http://linux1.fnal.gov/linux/fermi/slf53/i386/SL/module-init-tools-3.3-0.pre3.1.42.el5.i386.rpm
>
> I see that I had version 54 'locked' in Smart, but unfortuntely it must
> have been locked out rather than in, and I had forgotten to retain my
> earlier copy of the .42. package.
>
> This is with kernel 2.6.18-194.3.1 and the April ! v4l packages.
>
> Shame about the soccer...
>
> John P
>
> And my apologies for once again hitting 'reply' and mailing Paulo instead
> of the list.

I do not know it this is of interest to anybody,
but I upgraded to firefox 3.6.6 on F10-F12.

It was easier than I thought. I added a

Provides: xulrunner-devel-unstable = %{version}

in Axel's xulrunner spec, recompiled it and used the .src.rpm from F12,
with the tarball updated to 3.6.6:

http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f12-x86_64/repoview/firefox.html
http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/RPMS/myrpms-f12-x86_64/repoview/xulrunner.html

I only had to remove *perl*-*Gtk2*-MozEmbed, which was not been using by any
package (I think Miro used it in the past).

It is running great in all my computers so far ....

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ