Hi John,

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 10:26 -0400, John Welch wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM, John Welch <jrw3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Axel and others,
> >
> > One of my F15 workstations has an older nVidia FX5200 video card.  The
> > latest drivers for this card are the 173.14.30 series.  I just updated
> > the system to the latest F15 kernel (2.6.40-4) and it looks like the
> > kernel modules for my video card are missing.  I looked at the ATrpms
> > repo first before updating and I *thought* I saw the right kernel
> > modules, but apparently I wasn't looking at the right thing.

They probably were not there, there was an issue with some of the driver
versions not building on latest 2.6.x kernels.

> OK, my initial post from August 12th went unanswered.

Sorry about that! :(

> I see from nVidia's site that there is a new driver version
> (173.14.31) available for my graphics card.  If something is in the
> works for the ATrpms repo either for this newest driver or the
> previous one then I'll just sit back an patiently wait.

That one (and the siblings for other legacy drivers) did the job! Thanks
for pointing it out. I rebuilt the whole lot on the 27th of August, I
hope they work for you!
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/