On 22/02/12 14:25, George Galt wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Larry K<lunchtimela...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I just used yum upgrade to go from fc12 to fc14, and mostly, it went well.
  I have the system up, and was able to install the latest nvidia-graphics
package using yum.  now, when I try to install mythtv, I get these errors:

I'm surprised Axel still has Fedora 14 files around.  Fedora 14 went
EOL in December
(http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-November/003010.html).
  Fedora 15 works fine.  You really should move up -- or if you want a
more stable platform, move to CentOS 6.

As for your problem, my guess is that you are running into a problem
some of us experienced a few weeks back regarding an ABI change to
some of the Fedora updates files.  It was fixed for FC15 and FC16, but
since FC14 is EOL, it probably won't get fixed there.

In fact there are newly updated f14 packages there, but I don't imagine that will go on for much longer.

I haven't seen any other comments about this news item, which reinforces your comment.

http://nl.zdnet.co.uk/qGne3BDaic/GqDpG

By Ben Woods , 1 February, 2012 12:23
Daily Newsletters

Open-source software provider Red Hat has said it will support its current generation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 for 10 years, adding three years to the platform's lifecycle.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 will also now have a 10-year lifecycle, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.