On 23/03/12 23:26, Larry K wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:05 AM, John Pilkington <j.p...@tesco.net
<mailto:j.p...@tesco.net>> wrote:

    On 23/03/12 01:53, Larry K wrote:

        I am trying to install the nvidia driver on an fc16 box running
        kernel 3.2.9-1.

        uname -a
        Linux mythtv 3.2.9-1.fc16.i686 #1 SMP Thu Mar 1 01:58:05 UTC
        2012 i686
        i686 i386 GNU/Linux

        For a brief time, I had booted kernel 3.2.10-3, but I backed off
        that
        when I noticed that atrpms didn't yet have the nvidia kmdl for that
        kernel.  Now, when I try to install the nvidia driver, I get the
        following error:

        --> Finished Dependency Resolution
        Error: Package:
        nvidia-graphics290.10-kmdl-3.__2.10-3.fc16-290.10-140.fc16.__i686
(atrpms)
                    Requires: /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.10-3.fc16.__i686
          You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
          You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

        These messages seem to indicate a dependency on kernel 3.2.10-3.

        Thoughts?

    Similar thread:

    http://www.gossamer-threads.__com/lists/atrpms/users/15900#__15900
    <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/15900#15900>

    HTH

    John P

Thanks for that, but I am still stuck.  What kernel does atrpms support
for the nvidia driver?  I've tried several and I am still unable to get
a clean install.

nvidia support needs a kmdl that matches the driver and the kernel. The only kmdls on site at present are for 3.3.0-4 and there are none for nvidia - only alsa and v4l. Try later with that kernel. But there might be a problem too with the name of the kmdl above; it looks as if it may be malformed. Just keep an eye on dl.atrpms.net to see what's there.