On 30/03/13 08:23, John Pilkington wrote:
On 26/03/13 23:20, John Pilkington wrote:
On 26/03/13 21:55, John Pilkington wrote:
I made new builds of 0.26-fixes el6 i386 on Tues 19 March and today.  I
had to make changes today to the mythmusic files lists to get the
packaging into rpms to work, and I'm pretty sure that more ought to be
made to account for the fact that mythmusic has its own theme.  But now
today's lib packages won't install;  they need /usr/sbin/ldconfig, while
the same packages built earlier use /sbin/ldconfig.

I think the problem may lie in /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms from the new
atrpms-rpm-config package.  I have the 198-3 build from f15 and will try
using that.

Reverting to 198-3 gave a set of packages that all installed - but I
find I do have 201-3, which worked before, so I'll install that for the
next iteration.  As I said above, this is on an el6/i386 laptop.

I should perhaps say that I now have a problem with the laptop:  It
can't find /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_home.  I have no real idea of what
might have caused it.  Writing GB sized files under python with no
explicit checks on where they are going?

I posted about this laptop problem on the SL list; somehow the lvm2 and lvm2-libs packages had been uninstalled. Fortunately I had compatible packages of those and initscripts cached and was able to reinstall them. Then vgscan, lvscan and reboot back to normal.

I've now upgraded to SL6.4 but still need to run an older kernel having a v4l module to get tv capability.