First, 'testall:' should be changed to 'testall::'

atsmake-pre.mk can be found here:

https://github.com/githwxi/ATS-Postiats/blob/master/share/atsmake-pre.mk

atsmake-post.mk can be found here:

https://github.com/githwxi/ATS-Postiats/blob/master/share/atsmake-post.mk

I rarely use these two files when constructing Makefiles for my own use.
I think all you need from these files is just some basic definitions. E.g.,

PATSCC=$(PATSHOMEQ)/bin/patscc
PATSOPT=$(PATSHOMEQ)/bin/patsopt
PATSLIB=$(PATSHOMEQ)/ccomp/atslib/lib