Thank you for providing this extension, Richard.  (And thank you, Hongwei,
for being the prime-mover genius of all this; this is like watching Mozart
write his symphonies.)

Is it intended that all extensions of Xanadu be placed at the same
software-architectural design points as this extension?  Or are there
intended to be quite different categories of extensions that are placed in
Xanadu's compiler at quite different software-architectural put-stuff-here
design points—i.e., “horses for courses” as the British say: different
horses are bred for different events/venues?  (I am aware of Hongwei's
posting in recent days regarding AST-to-AST-to-…-to-AST transforms as a key
microkernel-esque breakthrough design of Xanadu.  Those transforms/ASTs
might be part of the answer, but are their more intended put-stuff-here
design points?)