I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

   1. ATS Postiats (also known as ATS2) does not currently support MSVC,
   and likely never will since ATS Xanadu (a.k.a. ATS3) is the main focus of
   the lead developer.
   2. I don't know what C standard ATS compiles to, but it's probably safe
   to assume it compiles to C99 unless there is evidence to the contrary.
   3. In ATS2 you have full access to C's pre-processor, and can use it
   just like how you would when programming in C.
   4. I know you can use pthreads in ATS, there are some examples of this
   in the ATS Postiats.  Assuming win32-threads are accessible through a C
   API, then ATS can use it via FFI.

If you are interested in learning to use ATS, I'd reccommend checking out
the documentation available on the ATS website
<http://www.ats-lang.org/Documents.html> and the wiki page for ATS2
<https://github.com/githwxi/ATS-Postiats/wiki>.  And don't be afraid to
post addition questions. :D