Just thought I'd post my finding on installing Ubuntu 10.04 using the
alternate cd (iso) on the atv.

In order for the video to work in the alternate installer (and
presumably the server or netboot installers) you must add
'vga16fb.blacklist=yes' to the kexec command on the patchstick during
installation.

After you blacklist that driver the alternate installer works as it
did in previous versions. I was able to install 10.04 using the hd-
media and alternate iso directly to the atv without using the desktop
cd or having to perform an upgrade.

Just remember 10.04 uses grub 2 so you'll have to handle that
separately after install.

Robert