On Sunday, October 30, 2011, MxW <mwajszc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Christian,I am running kernel 3.1.0, xorg with nvidia-drivers and
> alsa.  Could running noveau drivers be the key?I have wifi runnign so
> this is honestly the last thing to get this running proper (well,
> apart from lirc but that's not a crucial task)

I guess not. Aplay -l shows hdmi as one output of the intel hda driver. Btw
it's not kernel 2.6.32 but 3.0. How did you manage to get nvidia drivers
working? I tried with some versions and either they not complie or they
compile but freeze the macjine when i tried to run.
May i send you my lircd.conf?

> On Oct 29, 2:23 pm, Christian Lyra <l...@pop-pr.rnp.br> wrote:
>> I do have sound with hdmi. Debian sid, kernel 2.6.32, xorg with noveau
>> driver (not the best one but good enough for my use) and alsa. The only
>> thing i had to do is mapping thr hdmi audio output to be the default one
in
>> alsa.
>>

>> On Saturday, October 29, 2011, MxW <mwajszc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hey guys,
>> > I have my Gentoo/XBMC setup working pretty well with the exception of
>> > one large kink; no audio through HDMI.
>> > I know the past guides have said that sound through HDMI was not
>> > possible was not possible but I've done some research and noticed some
>> > people got it working with Alsa-Drivers but I am using the gentoo-
>> > sources 3.1.0 kernel with alsa modules already included so I was
>> > wondering if anyone had any other way to get sound through HDMI.
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> > Thank you!
>>
>> > --
>>
>> --