All,

I have been trying for some time to use the recovery 1.0 version, but keep
having an issue, where my screen goes black, right after the penboot Logo,
but before the kernel messages for the mach_kernel.  I am thinking it is
the video mode the mach_kernel is setting as I have been able to boot into
the alternate installer for Ubuntu 10.04 and that comes up fine.  I have
tried using the nomodeset kernel boot command line in the
com.apple.Boot.plist file, which does at least let me see the 5 or 6 lines
that appear when the boot.efi is read, but when it gets ready to display
the mach_kernel output to the console, black, no text.  The kernel does
boot ans I am able to ssh into it after it boots up.

I have tried all kinds of kernel boot params (vesa video=vesafb
vga16fb.blacklist = yes) etc.. with no luck.  How can I figure out what
mode my TV will support and more importantly how can I set this in the
mach_kernel boot param?

Any help would be appreciated as I am at a dead end...