On Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:32:30 AM UTC+8, trag wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:30:01 AM UTC-6, willx wrote:
>>
>> I have a atv1 with a dead enternet port and I can do the BGA works(infact
>> I have replaced the IO chip of it,but enternet still not working)
>> but I know nothing about RAM chips,either SPD,if anyone who would love to
>> provide some help,I'll replace the RAM chips for test~
>> sorry for my bad English~
>>

> There is a small filter on the ATV1 board between the RTL8100 chip and the
> ethernet jack.   Internally, the filter is a couple of inductors and (if I
> remember correctly) maybe a cross connecting capacitor.   Anyway, check
> continuity on that filter.  Or just check that it is present.  On one of my
> ATVs that chip popped right off of the board, and so the ethernet chip was
> no longer connected to the ethernet jack.
>
> As far as the memory expansion, since posting that idea a few years ago,
> I've been so backed up on projects I've never managed to do anything with
> it.  Heck, I haven't even managed to set up a MythTV box using ATV
> clients.  Sigh.  Still on the to-do list.   I have managed to coach several
> little league baseball teams.  :-)
>
> If you're interested in giving it a try, these chips should do the trick:
> <
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/MT47H64M16HR-37EIT-E-Manu-MICRON-Encapsulation-BGA-1Gb-DDR2-SDRAM-Component-/110886795710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d15e39be
> >

> Or these:
> <
> https://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController/DRAM-Chip/Micron/MT47H128M16RT-25E-C/_/R-13459725/A-13459725/An-0?action=part&catalogId=500201&langId=-1&storeId=500201&listIndex=-1&page=1&rank=2
> >

> The former are twice the capacity of the ATV1's current memory.  The
> latter are four times the capacity of the ATV1's current memory.   Four
> chips are required.
>
> However, I still don't know whether Apple included the extra bank and
> address lines on the circuit board.
>
> Assuming that the required address lines are present, after the memory is
> installed, it may still be necessary to make some change to the ATV1's
> firmware to get it to recognize the extra memory.  I don't know if it
> auto-detects the size of the RAM, or is programmed for the manufactured
> size.
>
> Jeff Walther

I think it's not a jack connection problem,my ATV will show the RTL
enternet card when I type lspci,but if i type ifconfig,there is no eth0.
I have 3 ATV, the other  two will show eth0 even if there is no enternet
cable plugged in
and I have decided to use that one as victim~
here I'm in China,and a second-hand DDR2 ram is more cheap,for a 1GB one
with 8 chips,only costs about USD$8,so my question is, how to figure out
the chip on the ram is fit or not