Hi Mosè,

Mosè Giordano <m...@gnu.org> writes:

> am I the only one who finds `TeX-doc' overly complicated to the point
> it's sometimes useless?  It fails to find documentation for many
> packages and classes, also pretty common ones like "babel", "fontenc",
> and "memoir".  Wouldn't it better if it simply runs "texdoc NAME"?
> Aucompletion is cool, but in this case is often useless as the
> manual's basenames don't have to, and many times don't, match the name
> of the package.

I agree.  My suggestion is also to reduce this function to run "texdoc
NAME".  `C-u TeX-doc' could run "texdoc -l NAME" and let the user choose
a number.  I also agree that autocompletion is useless here.

If I get it right MikTeX also includes "texdoc", so it seems to be
portable as well.

Best, Arash