Hi Mosè,

Mosè Giordano <m...@gnu.org> writes:

> On third thought, it's pretty tricky to locally change the value of
> `TeX-command-extra-options' once it's set.  The only simple way I
> found is to manually edit the auto saved file and then revert the *TeX
> buffer, not the best option indeed.

I agree - this doesn't seem like an ideal fix.  One possible solution
that I've thought about that seems more intuitive is to include a new
line in the footer of TeX-master files for variables that should be set
document-wide.

For example, when I create a new TeX file I have:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

What about if we add a new category called 'Document Variables':

%%% Local Variables:
%%% Document Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

and all variables that are set here would be set locally on any TeX file
that has this file listed as the TeX-master?  Setting 'Document
Variables' where TeX-master is not `t' would be silently ignored.

Do you think that could work?
--
Matt