>>> "AH" == Al Haji-Ali <abdo.haji....@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Al

> Hello Uwe,
>> I tested it, it works thanks. Later I will try out Index and friends

> Great! If something doesn't work, can you please include an example
> tex file for me to test? As I said, I don't use "index and
> friends".

Only by now I had the time to tried out index and friends in my case
nomenclature (it is the only one of the three: index glossary and
nomenclature that I use on larger articles)

To make a long story short I cannot generate the required files, on
reason similar to the bibtex problem. I attach a latex file with a
mininal example and the error message which pops up if I set a build
directory.

You have

    1. To run latex once

    2. Then run makeindex testglossary.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o testglossary.nls

    3. Then run latex again

However 2 fails.

>> I find this patch very useful for directories that contain very tex
>> files since all the aux files create a bit of a mess.

> Agreed. That's my motivation for it. Although I noticed that you
> use a global directory for all tex files: "/home/oub/blabla/built".

Right that is a valid point.

> Also, you may find the following two functions useful. If executed

Thanks. I did not notice them when I read your message first :-[
thanks I will give it a try

> (defun copy-tex-output ()

Regards

Uwe

makeindex testglossary.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o testglossary.nls

Running `makegloss' on `testglossary' with ``makeindex testglossary.nlo -s
nomencl.ist -o testglossary.nls''
Input index file testglossary.nlo not found.
Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]

TeX Output exited abnormally with code 1 at Sat Oct 17 15:16:29
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{a4wide}

\setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
\sloppy

\parskip=5pt plus 5pt
\oddsidemargin-10pt

\usepackage{latexsym}
%{{{ nomenclature
%\usepackage[refpage,refeq,intoc]{nomencl}
\usepackage[refpage]{nomencl}

%% \usepackage[pageanchor]{hyperref}
%% \def\pagedeclaration#1{, \hyperlink{page.#1}{page\nobreakspace#1}}

\makeglossary
\makenomenclature
\makeindex
%\renewcommand{\nomentryend}{.}

\def\nomentryend{.}
\def\nomlabel#1{\textbf{#1}\hfil}

%}}}
%{{{ Kopka Nomenclature style, write a separate .sty file

\makeatletter

\def\@@@nomenclature[#1]#2#3{%
\def\@tempa{#2}\def\@tempb{#3}%
\protected@write\@nomenclaturefile{}%
{\string\nomenclatureentry{#1\nom@verb\@tempa @[{\nom@verb\@tempa}]%
|nompageref{\begingroup\nom@verb\@tempb\protect\nomeqref{\theequation}}}%
{\thepage}}%
\endgroup
\@esphack}
\def\nompageref#1#2{%
\if@printpageref\pagedeclaration{#2}\else\null\fi
\linebreak#1\nomentryend\endgroup}
\def\pagedeclaration#1{\dotfill\nobreakspace#1}
\makeatother

%}}}

\renewcommand{\nomentryend}{.}

\begin{document}