Hi Uwe,

>> Hmm...though I haven't yet looked into the actual code, current guess is
>> that the indent function `LaTeX-indent-line' doesn't like anything
>> immediately following \left\{. After I broke the line just after
>> \left\{, the result looked better:

> I know, but my point being, I have a lot of these constructs, and
> breaking lines manually is quite cumbersome, so the question is can
> auctex's filling function be improved to cover that case?

I know ;-) As I wrote, I haven't yet looked into the actual code. I just
said my first impression. In addition, I vaguely remember the relevant
code is rather complicated; I understand indent algorithm too little, so
I'm not sure whether I can improve it or not. Maybe others can do
something before I find spare time to investigate.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita