Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> The following works for me.
>
>     1. Fresh clone,
>
>        a. .autogen.sh

Hm, I think autogen.sh (and doc/Makefile.in called from it) should be
deleted on main.  However, it still does some stuff which the top-level
GNUMakefile is missing like compiling doc/tex-ref.tex with pdftex.

Any takers?

> BTW, (using emacs 29.2, still), I obtain.
>
> ,----
> | tex-info.el: Warning: the function ‘cl-member’ might not be defined at
> | runtime.

That's more or less a false positive given that auctex depends on Emacs
27.1 and cl-member is an autoloaded function there (and even in much
older emacs releases).

> | In bib-find-next:
> | bib-cite.el:947:8: Warning: ‘find-tag’ is an obsolete function (as of 25.1);
> | use ‘xref-find-definitions’ instead.

If you use bib-cite.el, could you please test if replacing find-tag with
xref-find-definitions actually works?

Bye,
  Tassilo