Hi Norbert,

> Hi Mosè,
>
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Mosè Giordano wrote:
>> by the values of the variables PREVIEWDATE and PREVIEWVERSION, set by
>> automake, and are of the form "2014-06-24" and "11.88", the former for
>> both PREVIEWDATE and PREVIEWVERSION, and the latter for PREVIEWVERSION
>> when the last change is a regular release.  My question is: how should
>> preview/latex/preview.dtx be accommodated to work with such strings?
>

> What about:
> - move preview.dtx to preview.dtx.in
> - change the
>         $Date: ... $
>   line (l.447 in dtx)to
>         @PREVIEWDATE@
> - change the
>         $Name:  $
>   line (l.442) to
>         @PREVIEWVERSION@
> - remove the CVS-$Revision:/... in line 443
>
> - generated preview.dtx from preview.dtx.in via automake by adding it
>   to the list of generated files.
>   (actually already in your code .. but the .in file)
>
>> +AC_OUTPUT(Makefile tex-site.el.out:tex-site.el.in preview/preview.el
>> preview/latex/preview.dtx doc/Makefile auctex.el)
>
> Would that work?

Sorry for not having been clear, but that's what I've done and no, it
doesn't work.  That's why I asked help here.  Thanks anyway!

Anyway, I think I'll manually replace "$Name: $" with "$Name:
release_11_88 $" just in order to be able to compile the package and
prepare the tarball for CTAN, and we'll try to fix this after the
release.

Bye,
Mosè