Re: DOS programs---how to run them in a 64 bit Windows environment

Hi,
thanks a lot to Sebbi for offering to help.
If it really has to be a VM then so be it. However, I'm still a bit reluctant to conclude that I need a full Windows OS inside of another full Windows OS to run a 30 k executable. That's a bit like using an atom bomb for a toothpick, or a super computer to balance a checkbook.
I'm currently researching a possible modification to Dosbox which would give us access to the game text as long as the game decides to stay in text mode. It involves programming on my part so might take a while, and the result might at first not seem very convenient, but the basic building blocks have been located. I'll keep you updated.
Kind regards,
E G

  • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Mord-Sith
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: EternalGamer
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Kyleman123
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Quasar
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: EternalGamer
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: EternalGamer
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jaybird
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: EternalGamer
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: pitermach
    • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby