Re: Discrimination in a theme park

I get the impression that Disney is pretty laid back unless you ask, or really obviously need assistance. My parents are obsessed with Florida and Disney in particular, and I don't really remember so much as a comment from the staff. The one time I went to Disneyland California, someone told us shortly before we were to leave that they had disability passes to get through the lines faster--I'm not sure if their policies on those have changed or anything, but apparently you do need to ask for them, and even afterward we didn't do much asking. (I remember there being a limit to how many people could be covered by such a pass, but I was also surprised by how many people could benefit from being in a party with one disabled person.).
One of the recent trips (I've foregone quite a few, because gah not worth itanymore), they ran into a blind person there on his own (*grumbles about how independence is something that's apparently supposed to grow by magic*), and I didn't hear about anything particularly confusing happening there.