Re: frustrated with companies that Provide products for the blind

Ever been inside a  braille note nPower's battery compartment? Well... I have. That horseshit  they shovel at you about special Proprietary batteries stinks to high heaven. They are standard rechargable batteries held in a plastic cradle.  The whole things just sort of hanging out inside the machine. the inside of a braile note just lookes like someone who's tried to ram all the bits and bobs you would get in a phone box back in after opening. IE it's a total mess. They wanted to charge my friend something like 150 pounds to have the machine taken away and  it's batteries replaced.  I don't want to even think of the prophet margen these guys make on this hardware... I once red somewhere that a pacmate costs about $400 to build and then they are being soled on at about 6 K a piece. I guess this is standard practice for note taker builders. Could you imagine a human where laptop? The humanwhere lapnote pinical! A  super high&nbs p; resolution 12.1 inch VGA lcd display! A massive 128 MB of DDR 333 RAM! An ultra fast pentium pro CPU!!! Now with 20 GB hard drive! Starting from just 8000 pounds! Get yours today and welcome yourself to the bleading edge of humanwhere powered productivity