Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

Nice, really nice event Aprone. damn I hope events like those automatically would pop in from time to time. smile
Nice John. i have to check out those recordings.

mehgcap wrote:

Finally, Aprone could just throw up his hands, open wide the gates of the server by disabling Swampnet, and let *everyone* play. After all, what do cheaters do: increase their characters' speed, modify maps to run through walls on missions, and spam the voice chat system. Well, let them! We mute and ban, via losers.txt, anyone we need to, and we settle into groups of trusted or like-minded players, just as HC mode has already done. Aprone needs only to keep the server running, and that's it - leave everything else alone, let the players deal with idiots using the tools we already have, and that's that. Aprone has said that hackers could n ever gain access to player logs or core server code, so there seems no worry about actual damage to players, so why not let those who can't play fair do what they want? We'll just keep banning and muting them, as we already do, and who cares what they do so long as id does not affect us?

What do you all think?

I totally agree. I agree because swamp is a finnished project which we all love!