Re: MessApple, Or, The Return Of Apple2E For the VIP!

Hi all.
is it worth me downloading extra disks if they don't talk.
yesterday in a fit of crazyness I aquired most of the images from ifarchive.org including transelvania and the eamon guild cd image disks and I have about a gb of disks.
however unless there is a way to happily use extra disks and have them talk I have just wasted about a gb of data downloaded unless I can load things somehow.
for a synth of its time echo was quite good slightly more primitive than espeak but almost the same sounding as a synth it was quite good.
my first memmories of a computer for myself was dos 5.0 for toshiba on a t1850.
later I hacked it to 6.22 with extras ofcause.
I played at school with an apple 2gs playing transelvania and hangman.
I also had an experience with a c64 and a bbc micro once or twice.
I have actually an entire c64 archive so the music is still round though I prefur as far as music goes the amiga modding system which sounds clos er to todays chip music but anyway.
I am not sure what is going on with people getting errors.
I tried to do some work yesterday with the emulator, but didn't get past the dos image.
However I did use it on a win7 system with an i5 cpu and it didn't take time at all not to much to startup.
I'd like however to have the sound of the apple starting up I can remember the chime I probably have the sounds from the net for apples starting up not all of them ofcause but most of the main models.
this was done in 2004 someone hacked the bios of apples and pulled the audio.
as far as I know with a few small extras they use most of the same generic sfx.
with the gs when you switched it on the 5.25 inch made a sound like a machine gun starting up in fact if we got the right gun and slowed it down properly it would probably exactly what it sounded like.
But yeah the disk sound gives me memmories.
I used to have a now broken t1850 and I u sed to remember the dreaded whine  and or the tripple ber noise a drive would do when it was bad about itself.
I also remember the system startups.
the ticks of the drive etc.
you would always know when something was loading.
Especially if you were playing and you would get a message to insert the next disk.
for about 8 years after I got the net till just over 2004 I had still a dos system which is now dead.
My plan is to eventually get a server and have either vms or a way to boot different osses from windows, but have them appear  as seperate users though not sure.
idealy I'd have  linux win 7 8 and xp.
dos well I could but really xp dos is fine for games and I have no external synth.
ofcause having output and input go to another terminal you login to from your system would be interesting.
I have played with the emulator the apple.exe program is good.

  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jack
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jack
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jaybird
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jack
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: BryanP
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jaybird
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jack
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: crashmaster
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Omar Alvarado
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jaybird
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Omar Alvarado
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: zkline
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jaybird
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tomi
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jaybird