Re: Sapi

Whoa, wait a minute. That's a massive infodump.

You say DECTalk and Eloquence are available, yes? Eloquence I can agree with; I have Window-Eyes and hence the SAPI 4 synthesisers, but not SAPI5.

The AGRIP project provides working SAPI4 synthesisers for XP and up of all the old Microsoft voices. Sadly Microsoft's licenses mean that you have to figure out how to install these yourself. (It's not hard smile )

What's this wrapper for RealSpeak of which you speak? I have the voices from JAWS 8 which I purchased.

I'm always delighted by the progress of "Natural-sounding" voices, but the obsession pisses me off. So what if it's natural-sounding? If it isn't accurate, it's a dead loss, and that's the end of it. It is, indeed, one of the less fortunate things about moving over to the Mac.

Speaking of which, it' ;s probably not such a great idea to actually distribute anything you don't have the rights to. So advising people to pirate is, er, dodgy, unless you know someone trustworthy. My advice is generally don't do it, obviously.

I miss Keynote Gold, but HumanWare are still evil, as PulseData before. I'm sorry but I don't believe eSpeak compares to either Keynote or Eloquence, good though it is.

Orpheus isn't free. The SAPI bridge isn't the best, but it works. But, IMO, Orpheus 1 was better than Orpheus 2 anyway, so never mind. I have both; fortunately I still have Hal 5 lying around somewhere to install Orpheus 1, which later versions of Hal will then work with, via SAM. But this is not SAPI.

I actually don't like Ivona and can't understand what the fuss is all about.

Nextup will sell you some questionable stuff. Check carefully to make sure you aren't getting locked voices.

A source of Neospeech was Kurzweil 1000 , if you had that. Some magic is required to make the second disc install without the first. I remember reverse-engineering it once; you had to set a registry keep that pointed to a copy of the K1000 executable, which had to be of the correct size even if it wasn't actually the K1000 executable. Fun times. smile

Cheers,

Sabahattin

  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Chris
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: harrylst
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Dark