loraeon help

hi on loraeon, when I have a proffession, I can't start doing that proffession, so I can't do quests. I can only do them when I buy the items to complete it from the market. I am doing mining at the moment, and I have bought a miner's pick, and I went to the miner's bace camp. there I could accept the quest. i did, but then there is no link to start mining or anything like that. how can I start mining?