Re: upgrading to IOS 7, do I have anything to lose?

It's been so long since I tried, that I don't know for sure. What I do know is that at first, the voice memos would transfer just fine, but after it had about 3 memos in the memos folder, it stopped transferring them. I did some research, and couldn't find a solution that worked, so I had no other option than to reinstall everything... I wasn't about to do that, so that is when I stopped using I Tunes.
I think for now I will manually do the backups.... it's only about 60 memos I think, and I won't delete the memos off the phone, I will just copy them to the PC. Once that grind is over, and I get this stupid Wifi stuff figured out, I'll be able to do the upgrade and report back as to whether the memos are still on the phone. They'd better be, as my girlfriend is not about to engage in a difficult backup procedure and I am not in a position where I can do it for her.