Re: blind friendly coffee makers

Again, I'm not a fan of those automated monsters, especially something that uses it's own prefabricated servings, too plastic and too corporate for my liking, I prefer the personal touch you can only get with doing the thing yourself, indeed since often those prefabricated servings are created by high pressure steaming the beans in a vacume to create a concentrated liquid, you have the bitterness problem, and goodness knows what they do to tea, or what other adetives, preservatives or other junk gets stuck in there.

Generally speaking I've never had a cup of machine made coffee as good as what you can get out of a cafetiere, although my Italian teacher does use a self heating pot from her home in genoa, though that is more like a cafetiere with it's own kettle than one of those prefabricated coffee monsters.

Indeed, I confess I'm always confused why (particularly in England), people are willing to spend time using teabags and a pot the tradit ional way tea has been made for hundreds of years, but insist on using instant coffee when really doing propper coffee is no harder, and yet the results are so much better.

It's actually a shame you couldn't just get one of those self heating pots like my Italian teacher uses and attach a time clock, then you'd get the practical bennifit of a coffee machine, ie, coffee at a specific time, but without having to use the nasty prefabricated stuff.