Bedroom tax defeat for Westminster council in landmark case

I only just heard about this on In Touch.

A blind man is the first in England to have won a case against the absurd "Bedroom tax" in the UK, on the basis that he uses the room for equipment. The judge concurs that since "Bedroom" isn't defined in the law, his use of that room can't reasonably be defined as for a bedroom, taking into account the obvious use of the word "Bedroom". Read the full story.

Interesting! I must start filling up the spare rooms in my five-storey mansion with articles of great worth (all my oscars, the gold discs, silver statuettes of corporate heroes and all that) so I can continue to get free biscuits off the state. Mwa ha ha ha ha! Etc.

BTW, if you don't know what the bedroom tax is, try this. It's all about getting those who need social housing into social housing, by fi rst ejecting those who are living in anti-social housing. It also has some other useful effects, but the important one as far as our "Austere" government is concerned is that of potentially saving money. (That this actually causes loss of money due to economic pressures to residents who can't afford the tax or the means to move, that it undercuts the many large houses on the market, that the UN has criticised it severely for human rights reasons, that it separates families, or that it otherwise prejudices good, honest people is something that the government would rather you not trouble yourself about.)