Re: Best Approved Portable Eloquence-NVDA Strategy

Sigh. So not legal. I thought as much. sad

Thanks guys. I shall experiment with whatever I find on this sacrificial Windows installation. And since a SAPI Eloquence will be useful to me, that's the one I'll grab by way of, er, consideration.

Yes the CodeFactory stuff is what I was alluding to earlier; even the portable version requires fecking activation. Of course, as they are keen to point out, that's not really a problem because the computer ID is the same, so just go back to it and deregister. FFS!

I agree: eSpeak is the killer. I mean, I'm glad it exists, and I'm not going to persecute NVDA for the lack of Eloquence, but equally, for Eloquence not to be freely available at this late stage smacks of greed by Nuance, plain and simple. Especially when it's fairly clear Nuance aren't actually developing the codebase of Eloquence any more. If it were the official synth of NVDA, I imagine the game would be very different, even among advanced users who know better.