Re: book suggestion for someone who was blown away by wheel of time and th

@Gean, Tad Williams is one of my favourite authors of all time. Memory sorrow and thorn is awesome, (he's apparently now writing something else set in the same world), as is his other fantasy series Shadowmarch.
I would also recommend his Otherland series, which is sort of hard to give a genre to as it's all about online worlds, and indeed most of his stand alone books too.
The only thing I read by Williams I didn't care for were his more recent Bobby Dollar urban fantasy books, sinse it seemed the characters were far less complex or developed, and the plot rather less thought out, though even there the second book in the series was absolutely gripping just because it involved a journey through Hell and Williams' take on Hell was something to behold.
The Eden trilogy sounds pretty fun.

@Mslion
@Msleon, Asoiaf is really! worth reading, one of thebest series I know. Yes, it is true that we're not sure when the sixth book will be out (though it's likely to be sooner rather than later), however what is there is amazing, plus when you count all five thus far main books, the three prequal novellas (which I've actually just finished reading in the recently released compilation A knight of the seven Kingdoms), and! if your so inclined the historical back story A world of ice and fire there is a heck of a lot of material to get through.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MSlion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector