Re: Deal or No Deal 1.0

The conflict between JAWS and games written with BGT has apparently been around for quite a while.

Basically the problem appears to be that keystrokes get eaten by JAWS and only rarely get passed through to the game. If you try to get around the problem by holding the key down using the repeat function, often more than one keystroke gets through which can produce unwanted results.

If the game is fully self voiced or can be set up to use SAPI instead of the screen reader, the simple solution is to set up JAWS to go to sleep when the program written with BGT has the focus.

A while back I was researching this problem to see if there was a work around I could use and ran across this. Whether it would help or not, I don't know because I never got very far with it.

in the past to have games be playable with jaws running without the need to set jaws to go to sleep. The knowledge base number for this update is kb2973201.

I'd be willing to let you check this problem out on my machine via remote control, however I'm not sure if you could experience it that way.

Although Freedom Scientific says that they don't support doing this, you could always download JAWS from their web site and just use the trial version to do your testing.

The problem is obvious enough that you'll be immediately aware of it.

You'll press keys, but the game doesn't respond to them.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hayden via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Figment via Audiogames-reflector