Re: UltraPower - New Topic

My viewpoint at the things:

q. Why are you against the idea of creating our own servers instead of having one centralized server?

a. there are many reasons. it's been shown in the past that doing so leads directly to the game's death, because people scatter around the servers, server owners tend not to know how to run the server, and how to administrate (setting nearly the whole server as administrators, banning innocent players (on one server, I have made my account and got banned right away as I logged in), etc.)
Often people that host, don't actually host on proper configurations (no naming names here, but there have been people in the past when U P was made custom server, that were running the server from the portable windows ran off the pen drive, etc.).
And look what happened at the end, before we took it back as the centralized.
servers were going down, except only one stayed, but it was about to flop as well.
and it's lot s easier to have the dedicated host, which then gets updated, because then you have lots more control over things.
E.g. you can't really force people with custom made servers to update the server, thus making it nearly impossible to work on the game, etc.
It was never even meant to happen, but did because mason felt like not caring about the game anymore at that time.

q. Have you made multiple chat channels which people can use for different languages?

a. we have mainly english speaking players, and a few that aren't so.
But I totally don't mind people talking their own language, in fact we have had a few russian players that I even tried talking to (since Serbian and Russian are somewhat similar)
If we added language channels, there would be a whole lot of silence and people would scatter around the channels.
that would also make monitoring way harder, because while you're monitoring the english channel, there could be a mass ive spammy storm going on at the russian one, for example.

q. When you have a centralized server, can people then post their created maps? I think a lot of people are pissed because they have put a lot of work
into making their own maps previously. I have planned a lot of things, but didn't had much time to work on it, and then things got messed up and then the
servers got hacked.

a. Get in touch, upload the map somewhere, let us know, and we'll add it.

q. What do you think about being damaged when falling from high platforms etc? I think that would make battles more realistic, because then people needs
to be careful and watch their steps.

a. This is already a thing. In fact, if you are unlucky, and fall from really really high, you will also get a broken leg which then decreases your speed a lot, and is not fixable unless you commit suicide or get killed.

---
All of the things I've said, I've said from the develo per's point of view, and as objective as possible.
Thus meaning that I did not say things because I am the host.
If anyone else was, I'd stick to these thoughts, because, (I really hate to pick on games as bad examples, but all do respect), look at rtr.
When it was hosted by Ghorth, it was popular, and there were loads of people online.
Then,  when custom servers were made a thing, all that has gone bye bye.
Yes, there have still been people on custom servers, too, but not as much, because people would get scattered.
And then servers starting dropping, new ones appearing, etc.
So nowadays you're lucky if you go online on any of the servers and find someone else on, without first asking people to join you at this and that server.
I didn't take rtr as the example, because I don't like the game, in fact I do like it, hell, I have my own voice there, why would I have my voice in a game I don't like.
I did, s till do and will like it, and that's why I don't like that it's barely clinging to life.
People may love custom servers (of course, everyone wants to be the master of the server), but it's a bad thing.
Even after all this game has went through, we have still got the loyal fans, because we have just scored the peak of 30 players recently.
So, thanks for everyone supporting the project, we have been always working on making it the most pleasant, fun and safe place for you when you need some entertainment.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulrahman . essam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Memo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulrahman . essam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector