Re: Question about class construction, variables, and handles in BGT

It might be helpful down the road, but not what I'm trying to figure out right now. I need the client to be able to send a packet of information to the server, the server will parse that information out into account name and password, then use that account name and password to create an instance of the account class. I can pass the password off as an argument in the constructor, but I don't know how to make the actual handle vary with each new packet.
This is what I want to happen.
//client code
void ClientCreateAccount()
{
//send a username and password to the server with the word createaccount in front of them.
}
//server code
void main()
{
do
{
if(network.type=="receive&&network.message contains "createaccount")
{
//parse out the packet for the username and password into variables called username and password respectively.
account username(password);
}
while(!ke y_pressed(KEY_ESCAPE);
}

This is just suto code, I know I'm missing some stuff in the above code, but should be enough to give you a better idea of what I'm trying to do.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector