Knowing your server's capacity

Is there any way to test how well your server is going to handle large numbers of connections? I only have 4 people on my team so far, and obviously it holds up well, but I'm not sure if it'll be able to handle, say, 40 connections, much less 80. Is there anything I can do to get a good idea of what to expect at those levels?
I might be able to have this hosted on a commercial hosting site, but the data flow isn't intense enough for me to really go for that right now, and so it's currently being hosted on my home connection of 50 megs up and 50 megs down. I have a completely seperit machine to host it once I've got it ready for public release, so I don't have to worry about my own computer resources having issues.