Re: The fires of the Revina - a new RPG from the creators of Elten app!

Hi!
I wanted to publish today a fragment of gameplay.
But, unfortunatelly, I wasn't in home and I came home about hour ago.
So, I can't find time for recording.
But, no problem. In Monday i wanted to publish some information. So, information in Sunday, gameplay in Monday. smile

This is a tip for all developers and information about sound in the game.
@SLJ asked me for this and I think that I can write about it.
This info can be usefull for beginning developers. smile

How to set sounds and voice in game to be played synchronously?
It isn't hard. You may remember that different users have different voices and differen speed of them.
So, you can't use an instruction in time to play some sound after for example 10 seconds.
So, you might write an algorithm, which can check a speed of voice.
Next, don't use long texts. Set voice to read short texts without pauses, second after first. If these texts will be sentences or fragment of sentences divided by comma, synthesizer doesn't make a difference.
The effect will be same as using longer texts.
Before next texts, you can insert instructions to play sound.
There is an example algorithm.

*Start timer
*say The Fires Of The Revina
*loop, break if not speaking
*stop timer
*save timer value in a variable
#timer start
*say loading
*loop: break if not speaking
*stop timer
*save timer value in a variable
etc. If you use for example 5 standard information which are read on game's start, you can know how fast is the synthesizer.
Then, for example:
*say Galion: Hello, Kerion
*play sound A
*say Kerion, it's nice to see you.
*play sound B
*say Welc ome home
*play sound C
*say After years.
*play sound D
*say Talk us about your hollydays.

Etc.
In Revina obviously, these processes are automated by functions to not write all code. But this is an example for simplier projects. smile
I hope that I helped. I wish you to write gread games!
Greetings,
DP