Re: Design it, Drive it : Speedboats

LOL, I think what everybody is trying to say is welcome, and we hope you enjoy your stay. Good job with your simulation game. Sounds like it took a bit of work, what with all the physics involved. I'm actually currently creating an online multiplayer boat game that is a cross between twisted metal and Mario cart, so when I first saw this my first reaction was, "Why haven't I heard anything about this!", and then realization struck. Basicly all an audiogame is composed of is sound and text. Some choose to use a primitive graphical system, but it isn't required for obvious reasons. The games that can be created range from simple memory games, to sidescroller and platformers, and even as far as first person shooters and combat flight simulation. If you do choose to create an audiogame, you'll find it may be easier than making a graphical game, as you'll require less resources to make one since there may be little to no graphics at all. Most of the i magery is left to the player's own imagination, which can enhance some genres such as horror. Anyhoo, hope this helps you out in the long run even if you decide that audiogames aren't for you. TC

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : joshknnd1982 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : joshknnd1982 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : joshknnd1982 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Todd Wasson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector