Re: Ultrapower. Here it is, for those who want it.

I deleted it too.
That game just represented, represents and will represent the haunted disturbing thing.
If I were you, I would move on and show people your real programming skills (ahem), and just start the project from the scratch.
And there're many reasons for this:
- you have no security because people that have seen the decryption key can play with the server however they wanna
- people that have the source can easily evade the banns, by changing the banning system
and not just the banns, they can play with the server side control how they want
- the includes that are the part of the u p come from different places - colton, mason and sam, so using them, people wouldn't like it.
- as I said, sounds.
most of the sounds in ultra power have been designed by me. either that be create the effect from the scratch (like auction sounds, menu sounds, voice chat sounds, etc.), or take a sound from my collection of sound libraries I 've bought, and edit it to better fit the game.
Yes, there are a couple of swamp sounds that mason added, like drown, but there are no rtr sounds, at least not copied from rtr - they just may be the same sounds from the same source.
so you would be using the sounds you haven't designed/made/edited, and sounds from the commercial libraries that you don't own yourself.
All in all, you would be putting yourself in too much shit.

about the copyright, audio work, like sounds, songs, etc. never get copyrighted, as, for example, a piece of software would.
audio work copyright is subject to be proven, rather than legally copyrighted.

anyway, as I've already stated, just because it has laeked, the source shouldn't be presumed to have become public copyright.
There was the Madonna case recently, where she was about to release her new album Rebbel heart.
But a few days prior to the scheduled release date, a hacker got into her computer, and got all of the tracks and they leaked.
So, you're saying that now those songs, just because they leaked are public copyright?
Maybe not...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Blademan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Blademan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Blademan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ns-studios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vlad25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector