Re: I've been threatened on alter aeon

moderation!
First off I'd like everyone to go read the site and forum faq thread, located in the site and forum feedback section and specifically, guideline number thirteen.
Second off, I've not closed or deleted the topic simply because it's sometimes hard to know when to step in: as a moderator, if I step in too early, I don't give people a chance to resolve any situation. Trust me, sometimes it's so tempting to close topics but I always think about member rights and not scaring people off if I can help it. The thing I always do though, is keep watch on these topics. If you look at how this topic is going now, the subject has moved on, and it's this subject I'd now like to talk about.
I think the immaturity factor is a very interesting point. Perhaps it's because in a way we're an isolated community that the immaturity reaches more of us even more quicker. One thing I've definitely noticed though is that we're no where near as direct as the sighted. We don't just say "oh hay this thing sucks", we always seem to give reasons. I've not known a single member on this forum to suddenly say a point without giving a reason for it, which is definitely a good thing, although sometimes the reasons can be a little odd, but at least points are always backed up for the most part.