Re: Writing a MUD soundpack. SOme tutorials, and which clien t is the best

As far as mud clients go, the best (IMO) is MUSHClient. I consider VIPMud a throwback and a farce. Realize that I've gotten multiple updates and personal responses from the developer of the freely available MUSHClient application, whereas VIPMud gets updates once every blue moon. I can't speak to VIPMud's developer responses, but Nic has himself responded to and helped me solve scripting issues I've had, and even helped write a plugin or two for me, a nobody in the muding sphere.

Beyond personal support, though, MUSHClient uses LUA, a scripting language used by mainstream games for modularity. It supports regular expressions, the only right way to create triggers and aliases with any degree of need for wildcard matching or text precision. I could go on and on, but I'll refrain. Instead, I'll end this response by saying: If you're serious about versatility, MUSHClient will do you right, if you can manage to dedicate the time to learn how to script with it.

Kai