Re: When do you truly lose it all?

Update: I am officially homeless, me, my wife, and our two children, one of them a child from one of her previous relationships, but which I take as my own nonetheless given that his father pretty much walked out on him.  I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be making such a claim, but here I am nonetheless.  All of our furniture is gone; the stuff that wasn't immediately trashed by the busted pipe has been ruined by mold including two bedroom sets which had recently been purchased, a leather couch, a loveseat, a recliner, a solid wood rocker, an 80's Wurlitzer upright I would price at at least $500 though I'm obviously no piano guru and am fully aware could be worth more, two solid wood dressers, a solid wood dining room set, a computer desk, towels and washcloths, recently purchased sheets and blankets, articles of infant, children, men and womens' clotheing including pants, shirts, nightgowns, sleepers, pairs of shoes, jackets and oth er winter atire, just at the right moment, right?  infant and children's toys recently purchased as Christmas gifts, roughly 200 dollars worth of groceries, purchased in the last week and a half, and perhaps some, if not all of my music equipment, among those things being, a Yamaha MG-102c 10 input stereo mixer, a Yamaha MG-XU 12 input stereo mixer that doubled as an audio interface, a lexicon alpha desktop audio interface, a Ficusrite Scarlet2i2, a Korg x50, a Roland FA-06, a Hoaner acoustic guitar, and probably other things I'm not aware of quite yet.  Wooooooooo!  Read post 1 if you're wondering why.
We're currently looking for a lawyer; I sincerely hope we find one that'll be willing to advocate for us.  We've taken pictures of everything and documented as meticulously as possible.  The immediate issue is finding a place, however, because while I know we can stay with my in-laws as long as need be, it's not the sam e as having your own home.  People have previously asked on this topic if they could be of assistance.  Below I will provide my paypal email address for anyone who is interested, though by no means should anyone feel obligated to do so.  the only reason I'm listing it at all is because I am just now beginning  to realize the scope of what we've lost and how much we have to replace, but even more importantly, deposits for things like moving into an apartment to establishing electrical services can cost hundreds of dollars in themselves.  Any contribution will be immensely appreciated.  if you feel you can, send any donation of any size to nocturnalviole...@gmail.com