Re: game wish or looking for a type of game or something.

@cw,
You know, I just might, save for the fact that I don't play prom anymore and haven't since, um, I don't remember when anymore.  There again I got tired of the similarities in space moos and such.  I'd like something different, something revolutionary, something that, if one is actually going to look at developing a futuristic world, the world should feel, um, futuristic, not primative.  I mean, what's up with still typing out long commands to pull off complex actions in 2100 or after, when here in 2016 we're looking into autonomy for different purposes?  Why, for the life of me, are certain defenses in ships not automated?

I'm not asking for my ships to do all the fighting for me, but why the blazes aren't defensive systems put up as soon as a ship gets hit?  Why am I still having to operate almost useless conventional weapons like lasers which only have a short distance range and a lack of power comp ared to things like torpedos and heat seeking weaponry?  why don't laser turrets swivel and fire on their own when presented with a chalenge?  Who, with any ounce of logic in the real world is going to fly around in a ship that is practically defenseless, trying to do even the simplest of things, when there are fleets of alien raiders and intergalactic threats as well as pirates out to get you?  Fine!  I'll accept that you can't have it all in the beginning, that you have to work your way up to the top, that you need to put in some patient and diligent work to accomplish something, anything in lfe, but good grief, the future!  Forget your friggin startrek starwars visions and shoot for the horizons, space junkies!  Stop living in the past!  lol