Re: Making Music with something other than BGT

I'd probably try a combination of sound fonts, although mixing a variety of them together is weirdly tricky (especially since lots of single-instrument soundfonts all use the same program slot and I've yet to find an explanation for how to rearrange them... but I haven't been looking that hard, thinking I would just mix multiple recordings if there was ever a conflict).
However, I have no idea if the available soundfonts are actually as diverse and powerful as you need.
There are lots of mainstream tools that would make this much easier if any of them were accessible. I wouldn't know where to start looking for any of those that might be open to accessibility improvements. (I'm relatively satisfied with NWC and various soundfonts, but I've heard talk of the likes of Reaper, Sonar, ReFX, etc. I don't know what any of those actually do.)