Re: avast faulse posetive

I'm not going to speculate Windows vs. Mac in this thread; I'll check out that one in a bit. But I ran both AVG and Avast prior to switching over to what I'm currently using, which I'll mention in a minute. But my experience with both Avast and AVG was not that great. I found AVG to be only partially accessible, and I also found that it often times got in the way of other stuff I was doing on the computer. Avast was totally inaccessible for me aside from the audio alerts. But eventually those stopped playing, and I had to have my sighted tutor come look at the computer screen. It turned out that the program demo had expired and I needed to register. But I had no other way of knowing that since it was inaccessible. So we got rid of that and I am now using Microsoft Security Essentials. Yes there have recently been reports questioning its reliability, but there's an article over at http://www.askleo.com which I think is ve ry helpful in this regard. Just after I got my Dell laptop I was talking with a former co-worker about Security Essentials. He was Microsoft-certified, and said that was what he recommended. The program is free and very accessible. There is a minor issue with regard to some of the being labeled as buttons, but I think that's been fixed. At least it has in System Access and NVDA.