Re: some questions about smugglers 3 full version

Smugglers 3 is a good game, but s5 just has so much more these days I wouldn't really want to go back to three. Indeed, while four missed a few things from three like mines and ranged combat, they're all back in five plus a hole bunch of other new stuff.

Btw, there is a quick and dirty way to make lots of money in three in a short amount of time, --- drugs!

More specifically, drugs are very cheap in the carse system on new manchester or carson, and very lucrative in the sol system. So, the best way to make money is buy the biggest ship you can and just shuttle back and forth a little, ---- once you start doing this with a cariage class ship with five cargo holds you can make enough for a battle cruser in only two or three runs!

AFter that, well you free to do what you like.

Of course 4 and 5 stop this little exploit by making it much harder to smuggler illegal goods without the necessary skills, but since the rest of the game is much more fun and since in s4 and 5 you can! advance through missions and ignore trading if yu like, this doesn't matter.

The most fun I had with s3 was during the mariage quest (beware spoilage ahoy!).

When the govenner's daughter asked me for a pretty neclace, I flew to the planet to find I couldn't in any sense aford it.

However, since the planet had been taken over by the scummy syndicate, there was a better way to get the money, ---- that being bombardment!

I blew 7 shades out of the planet's orbital defenses and then looted it of cash. However because! they were part of the syndicate they wouldn't sell to me, so I then bombarded the planet again! and forced them to sware loyalty to the federation so I could buy the necklace with the money they just gave me!

Well you can't say my war on them destroyed their economy! big_smile.

I hope that lady appreciated just how much major devastation that necklace cost, --- quite an expensive luxury. Well at least the thousands who died during my multiple stormings of the planet gave their lives in a good cause, ---- or sort of.

So, this is clearly how to impress the opposite gender, --- gio thermal nuclear war!