Re: Experiences with guide dogs

@Cinnamon, I agree especially on scraps. This is one of the things my lady says is improving with me sinse some of the people she was around before had a habbit of feeding her dog at the table, where as I'm pretty strict on not doing so in order to not teach Reever to beg or snatch or play up around food.

For a free run, there is the area behind my flat which is fenced in which both Reever and my lady's dog can use, they also get walks, however as they're both labs I don't think they need quite as much walk time as some dogs, although Reever is used to  roughly a fourty minute walk a day.

While I agree on the working dog thing, even in terms of work there is a lot you can do, eg, take dog biscuits out with you when your dog does something right and keep on teaching them to find new things and do new routes. generally the better relationship you have with your dog, the more you communicate and understand each other, the better you will be work ing.

Oh and btw, on the family thing one ironic part is my lady has had a habbit of referring to both of our dogs as "the children" which is distinctly odd for me, sinse Reever has always been my dog, never my child, then again I'm much happier with dogs than children most of the time and don't want the association.