Re: Does Apple even bother to test their products?

I don't use any favourites, and rarely use DND--at least, not on my phone, but sometimes independently on the watch. There are two many beeping gizmos around here to make DND practical for me; I just sleep in the other room, where there are no annoying devices at all to wake me up (except a cordless landline phone). smile

It does sound like you've hit an unexpected bug though. It really should default to the least restrictive mode possible, but evidently it's fully on by default.