Re: People Please help

Greetings all.

Thank you Jaybird for clearing up the sizes. Ah so you always add up the 24 as well as the 1000. If that text file still exists, I'll be sure to look it up. Little more do I have to add to this topic except for a final question. This one is hypothetical but I've always wondered about it. I know it's impossible to manipulate a hard-drive by hand because it's all enclosed and doing so could damage it. However, if you could, if you were able to manipulate the pins in a precise configuration, in theory, would it be possible to create complete files? For example, let's say you've lost your favourite sound file and you knew the correct configuration the file was in; would it be possible to recreate it without recording it again? This is of course purely theoretical and not practical at all. Same goes for magnetic tape. If you didn't want to record from one tape to another, in theory would it be possible to arrange the magnetic fili ngs in the same configuration and get a perfect recording without recording? If the answer is yes in theory then at least as far as tapes  be they audio or video go, why is such a technique not utilised?

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.