Re: the BK2 final boss, how do people destroy it?

What I did; might not work if you don't have the equipment in this save:

- Get health above 2000, since then it's possible to take a hit and survive.
- Steel plates. The cloning chip stopped bothering me all together once I started using these. IIRC, I'd normally use 2-4, with the main two far enough apart that you can only just hear both simultaneously when you stand between them. ... Don't stand between them, though, until you're actually able to damage the boss.
- I used the yo-yo to clear out the enemies it summons, but not to fight directly.
- The three weapons I use against the Search and Destruction Robot 2.0 are the Steel Glove (it gets stronger as your health decreases, and your health probably decreases), the Super Buster Blade (but not so much because it's so slow), and the Hyper Slice Blade (this is kinda overpowered and might have been locked in one of the more recent updates...). I more or less switch among the three (and the yo-yo if it gets crowded).
-Oh! And the grenade launcher. If you're just throwing grenades from the items menu, you'll definitely run out of time. I don't think grenades do so much to this boss, though. I' mostly just shoot a few when the music starts if I'm far away.

I'd normally only use the Super Buster Blade for a few hits, depending on how the rest of the fight goes.
Also, speed drinks. Lots and lots of speed drinks.