Re: Castaways 2 public beta

@Turtlepower, the problem of having to sit around is really an early game thing. The shortest time for tasks is one minute, and when you have more workers you can assign more tasks to get done so that your having things all complete at different times and no sooner one thing is finished you start another, especially when you have lots of workers and lots of jobs that take different amounts of time, indeed depending upon how complex the game gets the chance to set professions and have some sort of auto gathering, harvesting or other job happen might be needed just to save your fingers big_smile.

What I would love to see is a completed jobs history, so you can review just what jobs are done and know when something is complete, sinse if anything I found that picking out when something was done from the rest of the game text (especially when looking at requirements for future jobs), was quite time consuming.
Also I bet when Aprone makes the game a bit less predictable and adds things like weather, there will be need to manage things more carefully even more, eg, if you see the temperature drop, stop your workers from collecting dry grass and have them collect firewood instead.

One thing I would like to see is the ability from castaways 1 to assign some jobs to multiple workers and thus get them done quicker, especially building and tool making, this might be very necessary in the future when we're having to build massive buildings etc.
One alternative method to doing this and one which might still provide the need for game balance might be the way to combine idle workers into work crews and then assign the crew on one job. Say for example you had three idle workers and wanted to build a house, you could have the task "assign to crew" (say tied to a town hall or administration building), which would assign two workers to the&nbs p; crew. Once you'd assigned as many workers to the work crew as you wanted, you could have the hole crew do one job, with each worker you assigned knocking one minute off the job to the minimum completion time of one minute, so it'd be pointless assigning a work crew to say gather dry grass, but assigning a crew of four workers to build a house would get it done in one minute rather than five (and of course making babies would need to be exempt from this sinse I doubt extra hands would make light work in that situation).

this also has the possibility of making larger numbers of workers easier to manage if things go really macro, as i hope they will.