Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

Huh, and I was starting to think, based on my not doing any research and just hearing about it from organizations and Wikipedia, that most people were either OK with UEB or being treated like "they changed it, therefore it sucks" types. Then I read some of the changes, and got apprehensive. Then I read Sebbby's rant and feel a lot better about mistrusting UEB.
(I have a dehmidifier and the air conditioner running, and had to check how to spell 'Sebby'... I heard the second b as an e, at first, and typed it that way. I'd probably know how to spell people's names just fine if braille on the internet was practical. (Seriously; double-click routing keys to click on whatever's there. I thought of this the first time I got a hold of a Braille Light. Why hasn't this been implemented?))

[edit] I apparently forgot to check up on this site ever since the Quixote: http://bristolbraille.co.uk Any one know if it's actually viable (with a decent refresh rate)? I made the mistake of letting myself get excited for a few minutes before remembering that (1) the trend for this sort of project is not in their favor, and (2) whatever happened to the Quixote? Did they abandon that in favor of the Canute?
I like the part where it's "open source". But I don't like the part where it's "We plan to have it ready within a year or so, for real this time, also we might run out of funding in May so plz donate, even though every similar project ever has failed." ... I feel the urge to donate anyway, but I feel like I'm making a critical research failure and thought I should seek other opinions.
[/edit]